Reintroduction

It's been sometime since I have had time enough to breathe a few days, live a few days and reflect on my life so far. I want to make my work something to help others, to bring others closer to reality and to give others an insight into a world that is both beautiful and difficult. I find that often in the blogging world I am confronting with too many how-to's, too many 'you should live this way's and too many 'look how perfect my world is.' I want to be different. I want to show you real life, but without the jaded touch I could so easily put on it. With that being said, I will tell you, I can be a bit pessimistic, I can be a bit too realistic. I will do my best to present both hope and be down to earth.

I digress...


SO without further ado, I welcome you back to my mission, Seeking La Vie En Rose. A journey of a twenty something finding her way from farm to city and everything in between and back again (I HOPE!).


I will start by saying I am typing this on a brand new laptop given to me by my boyfriend who is a dear and has made continuing my blog and writing possible with this incredible gift. As he handed it to me yesterday while I gaped at him open-mouthed he said, "I want you to be able to write and blog and do the things you love, whenever, wherever." WHAT! WHAT KIND OF WONDERFUL PERSON DOES THIS?! Him, apparently.

I am a lucky girl. In thanks, wonderful tacos were made. Corn tortillas smeared with homemade refried beans, sauteed sweet potatoes, a sprinkle of cheese and spring greens, pineapple-corn salsa and topped off with basil and parsley infused sour cream. I try to avoid as much dairy as possible, but a dollop of super refreshing sour cream and a teeny bit of cheese won't kill me. Safe to say, they were divine.


Mhm. Yes please. I now want to abandon my post at the gluten-filled coffee shop I have chosen for wifi and rush home to make more.

I went for a two mile run up and down the slopes of Churchill this morning before retiring to Whisk along Main street where my good friend works. I am not blissfully ensconced in ac and coffee luxury. Despite the espresso machine being broken... Iced coffee does the trick.

Now that I no longer work at a coffee shop, I think I love coffee more, but need it less. I occasionally miss the mornings pulling shots for regulars and that first morning cup while I time the long caramel streams of espresso for perfection and flavor. For the most part, I love my mornings at home waking slowly with my Newman's own french press coffee and my corgi snuggled in beside me. Or my ability to go for a run and shower and eat a real breakfast before entering a nine hour work day at the bank. It's crazy to me how in one year, my life is COMPLETELY different than I could ever have imagined it. I am spending my days learning about finance and loans and all sorts of grown up concepts that were mind-boggling and foreign before. After years of digging espresso out of my fingernails and being too exhausted to shower after being covered in trash juice and syrup and getting out of work at 1 am, my nights are ended at 10 at the latest and I feel spoiled as all get out. Crazy, isn't it? I am about to live my life in one place and not being scattered back and forth. I can fill my gas tank once a week. Madness. I am about to enter my 24th year and I am so excited and terrified.

I am trading one set of problems and sticky messes for another. This one will higher stakes, yet more luxury. It is very important to me that while I am shifting shapes, I am still Rose. That my language and desires are the same. I never saw myself running three times a week, practicing yoga, tucking my foot into a pair of heels and driving to a clean job.

I guess this is growing up?

All the while, I am still playing music, sewing shower curtains and mucking stalls. Balanced?

For now, I will sign off, giving you all a glimpse into what I am feeling and doing these days.

AND a glimpse into this coffee shop I am enjoying...Oh to eat gluten! Oh to be french!!





Comments

Popular Posts