Early mornings make for early nights....

It's been a rough couple days, to be short and simple. I've slept little, worked much and stressed a plenty. One ball out of left field after another has left me totally unsure of what to do or where to go next and I am sure that if I don't sleep in or take it easy for a day soon, I may start short circuiting and exploding off into space. If only....

Alas, the main point of this small post is to tell you that despite all of this, there is a sweet spot I have found to treasure. As a result of circumstances beyond my control I have found myself driving into work with Caleb an hour every morning which requires me to be up at 530 and out the door by 6. I don't work til 8 30. BUT, I love it. It so lovely to be able to wake up for a few hours and be ready for the day. It also gives me the ability to write and think a little longer when I am fresh and new from sleep.

I always forgot how important rising with the sun and sleeping with the sun can be for our health. By nine thirty last night I was out and ready for sleep to recover from the day before of no sleep and early rising. It was so nice to watch the sun peep over the trees and accompany it on its daily journey across the sky. I look forward to more of it and of the silent sleep of country living for the next week. It just reaffirms my need to find a home away from Richmond in the mountains somewhere, with less traffic, more room to grow and roam and the morning commute to slowly awaken with the day.

Just a short morning note....

Slainte and good day to you all!

BRM

Comments

Popular Posts