Forgive the negativity of this post....

It takes a certain something to be a success in the blogging/web/social media world. You have to somehow convince people you do and don't know that you are worth knowing, worth spending a large part of your day thinking about, reading about and caring about. You have to convince a wide array of humanity that your words are necessary to their day or hour. I just don't think I have it in me sometimes.

It's almost a game, carefully editing your life to capture moments that maybe don't exist. Setting up blankets and herbs and your face in such a way that the whole world will ooh and ahh at the uniqueness of your life. The beauty of your every day. But really, how many times is the moment we capture a real moment? I am guilty of it, certainly and I am not implying that there is anything wrong with those moments being conjured up out of a silks and rosemary. But it does make me think about how sometimes, rather than being inspirational, are we not occasionally giving false hope and expectation? I can say from personal experience that I have sat lingering and wistfully longing for a life as beautiful and perfect as the ones I see on the screen. Wondering how I could figure a way to live so I could see that much perfect staging in my own world.

 Then, I shake myself. I remind myself that I am far too busy living to take that much time making every corner of my room a tiny altar to the magazine gods. I am too busy being a mess and sleeping as much as I can to heal my body from hours of whatever physical feat I have accomplished today. There are baby goats to feed, corgi puppies to tend to, horses to feed and stalls to muck. There are day dreams to dream, kitties to pet, boyfriends to feed and laugh with in the pleasant hours of evening. I admire the successful friends I have who are able to balance it all and live such a beautiful life, who have the time to carefully arrange their breakfasts and shoes before newly fallen snow and leaves. You can all do something I can only poorly attempt to achieve. 

For now, I will be a slightly irresponsible blogger and iPhone photographer. 


Slainte
BRM

Comments

Popular Posts