twenty oh fifteen

Here I am again. An evening primrose, a rosebud, a blossom...a mess, petals falling. A new year. The horrors and joys of these last few months are gone away and I am starting again. The symbolic wealth of a new number and a new calender, is a wealth I will gladly take. I have seen and felt far too many thing for one little lady this year.

I am desperate for renewal and consistency, grace and patience. I want to learn so much more and I want to DO so much more. I will make no resolutions and no plans, but I will make a little promise to my garden heart, I will plant new roses. I will feed and nourish my blossoms and keep the critters away from my leaves. I will treat the soil and water it a-plenty. Every year could be our last and every hour could be our first.

My petals seem older and my roots seem deeper, but beyond this, I feel no older and not much wiser.

So many people I know have found this past year to be among their worst years in memory, and though I will agree, I have found that in this misery there has been so much more light than before. Sometimes our heart must be forcibly opened and only then can we feel all we are supposed to feel and see the true colors of the world around us.

"I'd rather be blinded by a world of color than see clearly in a world of black and white." ~
Anthony Gregnano

I leave you with this thought at the beginning of the new year...

No year is better or worse... just different.

Comments

Popular Posts