Conviction strong as a river

This last week, I have been a bit absent, but I tell you, it has been so full of discovery and re-establishing myself. I have been convicted over and over again of the way this world eats, thinks and feels.

We fill our bodies so full of junk, and we take in so much negativity every day. We start each day with a full cup and every person with a hateful word, every doughnut or sugary drink we have takes a bit of that cup and dumps it off, slowly sucking us dry.

I toured a property with my mother yesterday, a precious ancient piece of land and home. A little cabin sat near the back of the yard and I claimed it as my own, immediately. I belong there, no matter whether my parents get this farm or if it falls to the hands of another. As I teared up and walked around, I saw a little vinyl sticker on the window, it read "Grain so ripe, it bends at the top, a mouth that is open. When the people are nourished, there is harmony."

EUREKA!! HOW PERFECT! The tears continued to well up. I spend so much time around so much drudgery that I seemed to have forgotten on of my main loves, convictions and callings! I am a BAKER, A CHEF, A WOMAN OF HEALING! I am here to build your body and heart and emotional health with good food full of love, food full of purity and vitality. I have drifted so far because of money issues, other demands and lack of time, etc. I MUST NOT let this continue. How easy it is to forget how wonderful you can feel if you just try a little harder, if you are just a bit more mindful!

I am starting again, like we all must over and over in our lives. I promise to give to the world and myself the positivity and encouragement to live and eat and breathe with the harmony and nourishment we all need. Clean, sweet, ripe newness.

How ironic, one might say, that I find my greatest joy in bread baking when I cannot enjoy the fruit of my labor, but I find it quite fitting. I have always received my greatest joy out of pleasing others and filling their tummies with good things. I want to see my loved ones and those who eat my products glow from the inside out with the life I have given them.

Oh how I wish I could establish a beautiful, organic, bakery with a big stone oven and jars upon jars of seeds, nuts, flours, molasses, goat's milk and much much more to spread and share the wealth that I can create with my hands and heart. It is my best and most loved skill. Perhaps one day I can give and sell as freely as I greatly desire.

Well, off to the grind again. I hope I have sent you all some light and determination. I am going to start sharing some recipes and pictures with you soon. To help me stick to my goals and hopefully you, too! For now, I will leave you with a picture of "my" little cabin.



Slainte
~BRM

Comments

Popular Posts