Rivers and Roads...and Boots and Trains

I cranked a favorite tune by a favorite band and threw open the passenger door, my bare feet struck gravel and sand.
"C'MON, WE STILL HAVEN'T DANCED!"
He opened his own door, reluctantly and followed me to the front of the car where we began awkwardly dancing, giggling all the while. Neither of us could dance much and we swayed back and forth and dramatically twirled and tiptoed around to the waltzy bluegrass tune. I sighed happily, letting the past slowly drip off my shoulders. 
Gotta replace the ick with green shoots.That's what this month is about for me. 

It's been one long year and I am both brand new and ancient. The sun is out in full force today, making the freckles stand out on the bridge of my nose and cheeks warming my ever-darkening hair and making the gold glow in his blond locks. I see bits of blue and green in his eyes, matching the water below. 

I know the cold will return soon, and along with it, memories of the past and new fears for the future, but these blissful days of warm that greet us now and again, they remind me of the hope I know to be real and present. Like a little star, I carry these days in my pocket, a harkening to the bliss of that glowing companion. Despite the difference of the day with it's golden god and rich blue skies to preside over happiness and the dark, deep night; her cold, ancient moon ruling the tides, we have a perfect unison. 
This is a picture I snapped a few days ago when I spent a sleepless night thinking and driving about. The moon is graciously giving way to the bold, golden sun as he climbs higher to his post. 

Comments

Popular Posts