The last stitch...

I just finished my biggest knitting project to date! A pullover sweater for my boyfriend. It is a man-sized sweater and it took my three months...and some... Now, I did not commit every single second of my free-time and I also have very little free time due to my work schedule and the fact that I had to hide the project from him so often!

I am floored by this little achievement as I do not consider myself a skilled knitter at all. I have made countless hats and scarves and a few poor attempts at socks, but I am certainly not my little sister Ainslie who is a complete knitting guru. I am talking incredible detailed mittens with Norwegian moose patterns and intricate sweaters with owls in the cabling. One day....sigh....

However, I am encouraged by this little success. I love making my own clothing and clothing for others, any step towards self-sustainability thrills my independent little heart. I look out over the creek below, shrouded in fog and imagine knitting lots and lots of little sweaters in every color for myself, friends and family. Now that I have tiny nieces and nephews, I can knit them toddler sized items to keep warm next winter since it does take me SO long to knit anything this massive.

I am recovering rather slowly from my past illness, this is  no doubt because I am back to working full-time and my body is highly resentful. Weeks of winter still are coming, yet I am not afraid of this, because I know what comes next. Brilliant sunlight and bare feet and canoes on the water. Mountain climbing, pie making and strawberry picking. I am pretty thirsty for all that berry juice.

On tap for this spring....
CORDIAL MAKING!

Speaking of cordial...
I am feeling some good raspberry cordial in my clothes today...

Comments

Popular Posts