Epiphanies

Epiphanies, enlightenment, opened eyes.

I have had a few of these, recently. I sometimes forget how much I love to cook and bake, I really loathe cooking for myself because I am so easy to satisfy. I will contentedly munch carrots and plain brown rice for dinner. It is always a pleasure to have someone else in my home for whom to cook. I love to please people and even more so when it is something I have created with my hands and my mind.

I don't consider myself a creative person, but when it comes to baking and cooking, I know I have a little spark. There is no greater joy for me than when I have a table full of ingredients, measuring cups and clean mixing bowls and then pulling the ended project out of the oven or off the stove top. It is the one thing I KNOW I can do and that I can do well.

I get these little bursts of passion and determination in my baking, cooking and music where I need to reach outside the box and explode and expand. I am feeling that today, as I sit here in my coffee shop home, chatting with a dear friend about life and how far we've come. I feel so driven to just break outside of my cage and start over with my own plan, a plan where I can create what I need to and want to, rather than be obligated to make what the "people" need. I want to change taste buds and expectations. I want to replace refined sugars with honey and applesauce. I want to satisfy the body and the mind. That is my goal.

I may struggle financially and get the blues, I certainly am far from thriving every day, but these days offer me great encouragement and I would like to remember them better than I currently do! I'm ridiculously lucky to have some really wonderful friends and family and a wonderful boyfriend who are supportive of my insane notions to start a food truck or run away to a cabin in the mountains without electricity.

For now, I will bake what I have to bake, work the hours I have to work and dance to Bruce Springsteen in my leg warmers while I dream of summer, bare feet, sundresses and fresh berries.

Goodnight all, I promise to be around more this week. Lots of cello updates to come!

P.S. Made these beautiful gluten-free onion rings tonight. YUM.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts